The WM6300N-UART module is a complete dual band (2.4/5GHz) IEEE 802.11abgn based wireless device that directly provides a wireless interface to any equipment with a serial interface for data transfer. It integrates all WLAN protocol and configuration functionality, networking stack in embedded firmware to make a dual band 802.11n WLAN solution for a variety of applications. As a wireless serial modem, the WM6300N-UART originates and terminates TCP and UDP connections, enabling a variety of M2M applications at low cost and small footprint.
• Seamless WiFi connectivity for any equipment with a serial interface
• Industrial M2M communications
• Point of Sale Terminals
• Security Cameras & Surveillance Equipment
• Digital Picture Frames
• Logistics and Freight Management
• Several Medical Applications including Patient Monitoring, Remote Diagnostics etc.
• Compliant to 802.11a/b/g and single stream 802.11n
• Fully self-contained serial-to-wireless functionality - does not require any host processor bandwidth
• Includes all the protocol and configuration functions required for WLAN connectivity in advance security
• Host interface and configuration through UART
• Terminates TCP and UDP connections
• Ultra low power operation with power save modes
• Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility
• Single supply 3.1 to 3.6V operation
• Ambient temperature -40 to 85◦C
UART Host Interfaces
• The UART forms the physical layer of the TCP/IP stack, transferring frames between a Host processor and the module.
• The UART interface supports variable baud rates from 9600 to 3686400 bps
• AT Command Interface for configuring and operating the module
Range varies with the conditions under with wireless communication is sought. For large office environments, in the presence of obstacles, a range of over 30 meters is observed, while in open, line-of-sight environments, over 300 meters is observed, with several Mbps throughput in both cases.